Vincent Kompany will coach a small group in Neerpede until the end of the international break. Discover here the players who have joined up with their national teams. Two of them will play against each other Saturday night in Dublin.
- Yari Verschaeren is selected for the friendly games that will be played by the Belgian Red Devils in Ireland (26/03) and at home against Burkina Faso at the Lotto Park (29/03). Thirteen other players who have passed through the Neerpede academy are included in the selection of Roberto Martinez.
- Anouar Ait El Hadj, Marco Kana & Killian Sardella are in the group of the Belgian U21's who will challenge Denmark (29/03) for the UEFA U21 Euro 2023 qualification. The young Belgians are totally dominating their qualifying group with six victories in as many games played.
- Alonzo Engwanda-Ongena & Mario Stroeykens will play against Finland in the Elite qualifying round for the Euro U19 2022 in Slovakia. Wesley Sonck's team is part of a group with Italy, Finland and Germany and will have to finish on the first place if they want to play the final tournament in June.
- Noah Sadiki (U18) & Enock Agyei (U17) are also selected by our national team. The U18's will face the Czech Republic (23/03), Northern Ireland (25/03) and Norway (28/03) in friendly games. The U17's will play Estonia (23/03), Spain (26/03) and Bosnia (host country, 29/03) in the Elite Tour in view of the Euro U17 2022 in Israel.
- Kristian Arnstad was also supposed to play the Elite Tour with the Norwegian U19 national team, but this qualifying group, which should have been held this week in the Netherlands against the Czechs, the Ukrainians and the Serbs, has been postponed because of the war in Ukraine. These qualification matches should take place in the beginning of June.
- Kristoffer Olsson is still in the race for a World Cup ticket. If Sweden wins against the Czech Republic (24/03), they will face Poland in the play-off 'final' (29/03). If they don't win, they will play a friendly against Wales or Austria (depending on the result of this other play-off 'final').
- Amir Murillo could also be present in Qatar. Panama is fourth in the CONCACAF final round - which means a play-off against a Oceanian country in June in Doha - but could still be overtaken by Costa Rica. The games against Honduras (24/03), USA (27/03) and Canada (30/03) will be decisive.
- Josh Cullen will not participate in the next World Cup anyway, but he will still play some international matches this week. Our defensive midfielder will meet his teammate Yari Verschaeren and the Belgian Red Devils in Dublin (26/03) before hosting Lithuania (29/03) in a second friendly.
- Sergio Gómez, Joshua Zirkzee & Bart Verbruggen have as usual been called by their national U21 teams. At the top of their qualifying group for Euro U21 2023, the Spanish will face Lithuania (25/03) and Slovakia (29/03). The Dutch are also still in the running and will face Bulgaria (25/03) and Switzerland (29/03).